Re: [opensuse-wiki] How to rearange pages ?
  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 08:37:58 +0100
Rajko M wrote:

> I know about templates and for this I would need only Delete :-)

may be not :-)

> So wiki way would be:
> - create pages
> - transfer/edit content
> - ask for deletion of old pages
> - wait until discussion ends and pages are deleted (if ever)
> - if pages are not deleted, oops (what then)
>
> That might work for HCL/Desktops/... etc.
> The new outlook should use categories and subcategories.

several ways, depending of how much you want to change pages:

* create new ones. _don't delete_ the old ones, that some
may prefere;
* only create sub-categories (HCL/A, HCL/B) if applicable
* rename the pages if only the name is a problem
* add comments on the discuss page of the old ones to give
links to thje new

anyway, try not to do a too big change to existing pages,
the risk beeing to see your work undone by somebodyelse

jdd
--
http://www.dodin.net
http://lucien.dodin.net