Re: [opensuse-wiki] page naming and translations
  • From: "Peter Flodin" <pflodin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 21:14:05 +1100
On 2/21/06, jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> If you think a new local page deserves translating, add the
> {{IW}}, this will give links in the sidebar to nonexistent
> other langage pages and lead somebody to translate it :-)

I don't like this.
I think that the interlink links should only exist for pages that are
translated, and should never point to non-existent and if I had my
way, not even to unfinished translations.

I do understand that there is an issue keeping all the interwiki links
up to date, but if the IW template was the answer, it should just be
hardcoded into the left column for everypage, and I don't think that
should happen.

Wikipedia solves this by using wikibots. This would be a much better
solution. ie a script checks if there is a translated page for each
english page, and updates the page with an interlink.

I will not remove your edit of the Translation Guide, but I don't
think it should work this way.

Peter 'Pflodo' Flodin.