Re: [opensuse-wiki] opensuse.org frontpage lift-up/redesign
  • From: Christoph Thiel <cthiel@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 20:51:52 +0100 (CET)
On Fri, 10 Feb 2006, Andreas Jaeger wrote:

> >> Do you mean of SUSE Linux 10.0 distributions downloaded?
> >
> > yes - you are right, I have difficulties separating the
> > community and the distribution :-)
>
> Christoph should be able to get a count from what has been downloaded
> via download.opensuse.org. Michael might have some more statistics. For
> what do you need these?

Sure, I have the logs of download.openSUSE.org -- but I don't really trust
those statistics, because they are most likely inaccurate. The only way to
get hard facts would be to ask *all* SUSE / openSUSE mirrors to come up
with their logs + add the BT stats... we used some heuristics and YOU
stats to "count" the number of running / installed SUSE Linux'es, but even
those numbers might be quite inexact ;)

Anyway, do you really think we need those kind of numbers (presumably
live?) to impress people? IMHO having something like... "downloaded more
than <somebignumber>" would be sufficient.

Regards
Christoph