Re: [opensuse-wiki] opensuse.org frontpage lift-up /redesign
  • From: Piotr Orzechowski <porzechowski@xxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 14:38:27 +0100
IMHO there shall be more info about distribution itself on
the frontpage. Everybody know, there's a lot of different
distributions, more than hundred these days.
Personally, when I've had first time visited openSUSE.org (during
searching for new distro for my computer), I felt a bit confused:
What is it all about? What is better in openSUSE, than in other
distros.
I believe there could be maybe some principles of developing
openSUSE or even the most characteristic features of distro...
At this time, the front page speaks mostly about (with all
respect) everything and nothing at once. There shall be
more concretes.
The most important thing for potential user is system itself.
Then, if he likes it, he may be thinking about joining
community. :) That's why I think this way.

Kind regards,
Piotr Orzechowski.