Re: [opensuse-web] retire bad wiki page
I suggest to retire the page because it is almost impossible to follow new
hardware.

Replacement could be: make a hardware compatibility report app. Users can help
to report compatibility of their own devices. Result will be published in a
database.

--
Guo Yunhe / @guoyunhe / guoyunhe.me

2019年2月13日 上午9:16 来自 mrmazda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx:

https://en.opensuse.org/HCL:Video <https://en.opensuse.org/HCL:Video>
last edit date 6.5 years ago
virtually everything on that page is obsolete
video driver names except for one have all been changed years ago
automagic works for most people not using Optimus
for anyone not already familiar with openSUSE and is shopping for a distro,
seeing this page would
be a very bad omen

It needs to be either retired (my vote), or rewritten from scratch (I don't
think it's relevant any
more).

Are any of the HCL: pages relevant any more?

Should this have been sent instead to the heroes list?

Felix Miata *** > http://fm.no-ip.com <http://fm.no-ip.com/>