Aw: [opensuse-web] software.opensuse.org/search unusably slow
  • From: "Sarah Julia Kriesch" <ada.lovelace@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2018 19:19:18 +0200
Hi,

Thanks for your hints!
Can you tell us your country, please?
So we can search better for the issue.

Best regards,
Sarah

Gesendet: Mittwoch, 04. Juli 2018 um 15:16 Uhr
Von: "S." <sb56637@xxxxxxxxx>
An: opensuse-web@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: [opensuse-web] software.opensuse.org/search unusably slow

Hi, a thread came up on Reddit about the slow performance of some openSUSE
sites, especially the software search page:
reddit.com/r/openSUSE/comments/8vpwi0/pingdom_test_opensuse_official_sites_are/

It takes a good 10 seconds load the initial search page, and then searches
for packages often take several minutes to complete. I also often run into a
"504 gateway" error.

It feels like something more than just a visual refresh happened when the
software search page was updated. Before, the old software search page was
usually pretty snappy. But as soon as the visual design was changed, it got
extremely sluggish. So I wonder if there was some kind of architectural
change too that needs to be optimized.

Thanks a lot.