Re: [opensuse-web] Why PgConf US chose OSEM
Hey,

On 25.01.2017 11:10, Adam Spiers wrote:
Stella Rouzi (differentreality) <differentreality@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 8:16 PM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Just thought I would share:

http://blog.pgconf.us/2017/01/an-investment-in-future-why-pgconfus.html

Thanks for sharing :D

Indeed, and even more thanks for your decision!

Recently the OpenStack community was in a similar position. I
suggested they consider OSEM as a possible solution. Sadly (for me
anyway) they decided to write something from scratch

I see this pattern of wheel-reinvention and "competition
vs. collaboration" time and time again, in so many areas of FL/OSS.
[...]
It's such a frustrating waste of effort
> [...]

I have a post in the pipeline too about this phenomenon, just from the other side of the coin. Maybe it helps you to get less frustrated with this :-)

I really like that I only (have to) collaborate with people that really want to collaborate with me, on the specifics of a project, with the used technology, in the style, fashion and tone of the community.

Instead of people that collaborate with me for the sake of optimization of world-wide free software engineering resources. I think healthy collaboration (people loving to work together) is as important, if not more important, than resource optimization.

It makes this Free Software world continue despite my immediate technical need because I do a big percentage of my work just because I love the people I work with (👋 @Stella & @Chris ❤️❤️❤️), not because it makes sense :-)

Henne

--
Henne Vogelsang
http://www.opensuse.org