Re: [opensuse-web] Pg Port of OSEM now live
On 01/09/2017 12:43 AM, Ancor Gonzalez Sosa wrote:
On 01/05/2017 06:51 PM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

However, there is zero constraints to this column. At a minimum we need
a check constraint on that column. In a better world it would be a
foreign key to a look up table.

Well, that's opinionated... and quite DBA centric. :-) I also come from
a database intensive background and I used to do things like having a
table for storing the different states. But that's not how things are
done in Ruby on Rails, and it's for good reasons.

No it isn't for good reasons. It is for poorly educated reasons.

That said, that is *all* I will say on the matter. I am not interested in a platform argument.

Sincerely,

JD

--
Command Prompt, Inc. http://the.postgres.company/