Re: [opensuse-web] Port_bento_to_twitter_bootstrap
  • From: Ancor Gonzalez Sosa <ancor@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 12:15:25 +0200
On 04/22/2014 08:09 AM, Stephan Kulow wrote:
Am 21.04.2014 23:25, schrieb Shayon Mukherjee:
Hello Manu, Henne and the web team.

I would like to help too. I do have some experience with twitter bootstrap
2.3.2. and 3.0.1

I am not sure how would one go about start this, but I will follow this
thread and look forward to the developments.

Actually students already started. Redoing the css is not the big art,
but finding a way to "port" all existant bento apps is tough.

In fact, the css part ("less part", in fact) is mostly done. The Travel
Support Program application includes a bento theme for Bootstrap 2.3
[1]. I'm attaching two screenshots of the TSP app, with no theme (plain
bootstrap) and with the included bento theme. Where is the trick? The
html of the TSP app is 100% bootstrap compliant. Changing the html
generated by every single openSUSE page would be a lot of effort, as
Stephan said. Making any bootstrap (2.3) page look "bentoish" is just a
matter of stealing some code from the TSP app repo.

[1]
https://github.com/openSUSE/travel-support-program/tree/master/app/themes/bento/assets/stylesheets

--
Ancor González Sosa