[opensuse-web] FTP download.opensuse.org blocked
Why? Does mirrorbrain cause this? Is there a mirror list somewhere that does not require a web browser to open?

When I want to install, I go straight to a mirror in runlevel 3 in MC to copy latest installation kernel and initrd to HD for initialization using Grub. In most distros I use I can do this without going to gwdg.de, where I go for (all available rather than a subset) openSUSE files due to subject mirror blockage, and which many times provides throughput at a tiny fraction of mirrors on this side of the pond (e.g. now, @ 52KB/s, about 1/30 typical of local mirrors).

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/