Re: [opensuse-web] www.opensuse.org/de/ - wrong link
Christian Boltz <opensuse@xxxxxxxxx> 08/26/12 12:52 PM >>>
Hello,

Am Montag, 27. August 2012 schrieb Marguerite Su:
On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 12:59 AM, Christian Boltz wrote:
Anyway - can someone[tm] please fix the links?

You can fix it easily...https://github.com/openSUSE/landing-page. and
ask Thomas to load it.

I know the landing-page repo, but please guess why I wrote in my first
mail
>Interestingly, the HTML we have in git has the correct link target.
;-)

Even in older revisions the correct link is used.

My guess is that a change was done outside git (IIRC there's a WYSIWYG
editor used for the landing page [1])

In other words: Someone with access to the server (or at least the
WYSIWYG editor) needs to check/fix this.

This might be a good time to remind everyone to please use relative protocols
when adding/updating links on and for www, wikis, lizards, and news. We are
preparing to enable SSL for these sites, and using relative protocols helps to
avoid "insecure content" warnings in browsers when accessing the sites securely.

If you don't know about relative protocols, it's very easy. Instead of using
"http://thedomain.com"; or "https://thedomain.com";, just use "//thedomain.com".
The browser will then fill in whatever protocol was used for the referring
resource. It's a nice little trick that not a lot of people know about.

< Previous Next >