Re: [opensuse-web] Re: [opensuse-wiki] Mediawiki update to 1.19
Hello,

Am Freitag, 3. August 2012 schrieb Marguerite Su:
On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 6:22 PM, Thomas Schmidt wrote:
On 02.08.2012 22:23, Christian Boltz wrote:

Can you please install the ReplaceText extension? It would be
extremely helpful for some maintenance tasks. Not only for
replacing text in several pages (that's the obvious usage), but
also for searching on wikitext level.

(not done yet)

Please also make sure to include the Bento print.css

http://static.opensuse.org/themes/bento/css/print.css

Done and commited to git - but totally untested. (I'm taking this risk
because we are only talking about the staging server for now ;-)

It's terribly slow (10 to 20 seconds to load a page), but IIRC
that's a known issue of the staging server. Nevertheless I wonder
if it is that hard to fix - this problem already existed when we
tested the update to 1.17...

the slowness is a general issue with the staging systems, not
related to the update.

Yes, I remember it - and I wonder why it isn't fixed since years...
(If in doubt, explain your boss how expensive the summed up waiting time
is - in comparison, some hours to fix the staging server are cheap...)

Unfortunately it seems to be completely down at the moment.

Nice[tm].
(Seems to be up again, but slow as usual.)

I created an account for the staging systems that we can use for
testing: opensuse_stage:opensuse_stage

Thanks!

Besides this, someone who can login (Thomas?) should check if all
patches that are not upstream yet are still in place. I remember:
- a small change in index.php related to Access Manager
- my patch for MultiBoilerplate to allow different templates per
namespace

Those two patches seem to be still there :-)

please remove "display: inline-block" in ".wikiEditor-ui-tabs div a"
in "extensions/WikiEditor/modules/jquery.wikiEditor.css"

That would mean to change an upstream file :-/
I'd like to avoid this whenever possible (the usual problems apply -
having a modified file, loosing the change on the next update etc.)

Can you please try to fix it in an openSUSE-specific CSS file, please?
The best candidate is probably skins/bento/css_local/style.css - or use
Mediawiki:Common.css only in the affected wikis to avoid side effects
(see below).

Does this bug also exists when using the Vector skin? (hint: test in
wikipedia ;-) If yes, please open a bugreport upstream.

this little hack will fix the hidden tab texts in some localized wiki
like Chinese without any influence on western localized ones.

It has some influence (just tested in the english wiki with firebug) -
without inline-block, the clickable area is reduced.
- with inline-block, you can click anywhere in the tab.
- without inline-block, you can only click the text and right and left
of it - but not above and below.

That said - I just logged in to the cn wiki, clicked edit (fortunately
the links are not translated ;-) and the editor tabs are still labeled
with english text. I don't understand anything in the cn wiki, but at
least edit mode doesn't look broken to me ;-)

Can you please provide a screenshot showing the problem?
Which browser are you using? (I tested with Firefox from Factory.)

and we don't need to remove usage of tooltipAndAccesskey, just replace
it with tooltipAndAccesskeyAttribs, everything will be okay.

That's something for Thomas ;-)

Warning: Some of my best mistakes are yet to be made.