Re: [opensuse-web] Templates: Box-footer
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2011 18:24:24 -0600
I've seen your solution to use width:99.36 (which is not really valid
CSS - I guess you meant 99.36_%_)

As you can see in the history MediaWiki:Common.css it was correct there, so
another typo in template.

Anyway - such a strange number is usually a sign that something smells
fishy ;-)...

I already had to use strange numbers to adjust sizes, so it didn't raise red
flag.

The correct solution is to use "width:auto" to override a "width:100%"
in base.css.

Good.

Needless to say that I found this out using your beloved ;-) Firebug
which is a great tool IMHO.

It is, just it takes some time to learn how to use it.
Wiki is for me just one of hobbies, so no need to rush :)

I fixed this in common.css and removed your temporary fix from
Template:Box-footer again.

Well for some reason, 99.63% in common.css did not work, so I made another
change in template that did not work too ;-)

Now that this is over, I can start looking into some stuff mentioned in
another email (ignoring rant part there).

Regards, Rajko