Re: [opensuse-web] accessing wiki broken if no page is specified (URGENT)
Christian Boltz <opensuse@xxxxxxxxx> 12/13/2011 10:58 AM >>>
Hello,

Matthew, you probably already know that
http://en.opensuse.org/
(without specifying a page) is totally broken - I can wait forever, but
nothing happens.

I was aware that it used to be broken, but I thought I had it working.

The wiki works in general - for example http://en.opensuse.org/foo loads
instantly. Funnily even http://en.opensuse.org/index.php loads without
problems.

I have no idea what really happens here, but since index.php works,
I recommend you have a very close look at your rewrite rules. There
could be an endless redirect loop when "/" is requested... (inside
mod_rewrite / your rewrite rules, not with external "301 moved
permanently" + "Location:" redirects)

It's not the rewrite rules. It's one of the reverse proxies. It keeps locking
up on that URL for some reason.

Funnily enstage.o.o is not broken so taking the redirect config from the
stage wiki might be the easiest solution.

In case it helps - here's the telnet session confirming the problem:

# telnet en.opensuse.org 80
Trying 130.57.4.24...
Connected to en.opensuse.org.
Escape character is '^]'.
GET / HTTP/1.0
Host: en.opensuse.org

Try again. I have it working, at least for now.

-Matt