Re: [opensuse-web] Relatively short session timeout.
"Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx> 12/11/2011 6:51 PM >>>
Few days ago I had on IRC angry wiki editor that was automatically logged out
of the wiki due to inactivity and lost content he worked on. He claimed it was
not more them 30 minutes of editing. I didn't timed session inactivity
timeout, but it is somewhat short and can surprise people using edit box in a
browser, as previous setup allowed much more time.

He suppose to file bug report, but today I couldn't find any for openSUSE -
opensuse.org - Wiki.

Matt can you look at this.

Hmmm, I forgot to update the session timeout. The default setting was for one
hour. However, there is a "soft" timeout that is set to 2/3 of the actual
timeout setting. This would cause a redirect back to the IDP after 40 minutes,
pretty close to what the wiki editor claimed.

I have upped the timeout value to 6 hours, which will cause this "soft" timeout
after 4 hours of inactivity. I believe this is pretty close to what we had
before. I am going to test this tonight, but the problem should be fixed now.

-Matt