Re: [opensuse-web] Wiki Upgrade Problems
  • From: Jan Papež <honyczek-mailing@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2011 14:12:25 +0100
Dne Pá 2. prosince 2011 01:11:34, Matthew Ehle napsal(a):
2) Roll back only the most affected wikis (cn, cs, ru, etc.) and restore the
database
3) Leave all the wikis as they are, and keep trying to fix the
page titles

I'm inclined to do step number two, but I want to hear about any other
options or opinions from the individual admins before we try to roll things
back. If we can somehow get a list together of the garbled characters and
the real characters that are associated, I can even script a fix of some
type (making option number 3 more viable). If someone wants to take that
on for their particular wiki, they can see the affected pages by going to
/Special:AllPages and trying to compare.

Hi,

at this moment (in cs.opensuse.org) it looks that majority or all titles are
ok, but i noticed that some category titles are broken:
http://cs.opensuse.org/index.php?title=Speci%C3%A1ln%C3%AD:Kategorie&limit=500

and eg. Navigation toolbar
http://cs.opensuse.org/index.php?title=Kategorie:Naviga%C4%8Dn%C3%AD_li%C5%A1ty&action=edit&redlink=1
thows MediaWiki error.

It looks, that MediaWiki errors are displayed, when page doesn't exist.

It seems that existing pages with diacritic work. Eg.
http://cs.opensuse.org/Struktura_soubor%C5%AF_u_opera%C4%8Dn%C3%ADho_syst%C3%A9mu_Linux

Huh, I found some error at Special pages - Category tree (Strom kategorií),
when I tried to found Help category tree (Nápověda)
http://cs.opensuse.org/index.php?title=Speci%C3%A1ln%C3%AD%3AStrom_kategori%C3%AD&target=N%C3%A1pov%C4%9Bda&mode=categories&dotree=Zobrazit
It said:
Database returned error „1267: Illegal mix of collations
(latin1_bin,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation '='
(137.65.246.148:3307)“.

I think, that Czech wiki can stay at new version, but we have to do something
to repair broken links and categories...

Thanks.

Jan