Re: [opensuse-wiki] Re: [opensuse-web] Theming Issues Fixed
Hello,

Am Mittwoch, 7. Dezember 2011 schrieb Matthew Ehle:
Maybe you can allow access to opensearch_desc.php on stage so that
we can test it a bit more?

Sure, I can try it. Like I mentioned, it's been like this for years
and I haven't heard a single complaint.

It's only a "nice-to-have", nothing you really need. I'd guess most
people didn't miss it.

However, it certainly won't kill anyone to allow it.

Indeed ;-)

If it takes too much time to import the databases, I vote for
updating the CSS file in the production wiki without testing it on
stage. It can only make things better ;-)

The "It can only make things better" hit back in a way I didn't expect:
I made my changes in bento/main.css (because this file already contained
the not-specific-enough styles for red links), but it turned out now
that this file is just dead, unused code :-/

Is it intentional that bento/main.css is not used? If it is (please
double-check!), the file should be deleted to avoid confusion...

I added the "red link" styles to bento/css_local/style.css (which is
used for sure) and commited it to git.

Please deploy once more ;-)

I second that vote. I went ahead and made the update in production.
It's nothing permanent, thanks to git. If we have a problem, we can
revert it.

Yes, version control is a "good thing"[tm].
(I'm not explicitely talking about git because all version control
systems are good, even the good old CVS. And no, I don't say that CVS is
better than git ;-)

Das einzige Feature von OE das du unter Linux nicht nachgebaut bekommen
wirst: Die Virenschleuder ;-) [Damian Philipp in suse-linux]