Re: [opensuse-wiki] Re: [opensuse-web] Theming Issues Fixed
Hello,

Am Mittwoch, 7. Dezember 2011 schrieb Matthew Ehle:
Christian Boltz <opensuse@xxxxxxxxx> 12/7/2011 9:47 AM >>>
Am Mittwoch, 7. Dezember 2011 schrieb Matthew Ehle:
Christian Boltz opensuse@xxxxxxxxx> 12/7/2011 4:44 AM

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Opensearch_desc.php
The description sounds interesting, and the wiki HTML source code
even>
points to it:
<link rel="search"
type="application/opensearchdescription+xml"
href="/opensearch_desc.php" title="openSUSE (en)" />

so maybe you should allow access to it ;-)

We use a search extension, so we should not allow access to it.
We never have before, and it hasn't been a problem.

OK, then let's wait if somebody complains ;-)

I commited the fixed CSS to git. Please test it on
${not-en}.o.o and then deploy to all wikis.

I can't test it that way, as all the wikis use the same set of
core files. Can you imagine how awful it would be to maintain
them otherwise :)

Hmm...

for dir in *.o.o ; do
( cd $dir && git pull )
done

doesn't look too awful ;-)

Well, keep in mind that we were not using git until two weeks ago.

yes, but "svn up" works the same way ;-)

Also, there are a lot of little things that do not involve git. For
example, adding a banner message to LocalSettings.php or testing out
a new change on stage. Yes, I can use for loops, find, and sed all
day long (believe me, I do). However, I still have yet to find a
quicker and better way to keep 25+ directories in perfect sync than
using symbolic links. There's a reason symlinks were invented :)

Indeed ;-)

Symlinks have the advantage that you can update all wikis at once, and
have the disadvantage that you must update all wikis at once ;-)

Keeping separate checkouts for every wiki means slightly more work, but
would allow to update or change each wiki individually.

You probably already know all those arguments ;-)
You are doing the upgrades, so it's your choice which way you prefer.

However, I will pull into stage and test there.

Yes, that should work. I just wanted to make sure that you don't
test on en.o.o because it already has the fixed CSS in
Mediawiki:Common.css.
Let's all take a look at stage and see if we need to change anything
before we go live with it. When I deploy to prod, it will instantly
be out on all the wikis, and we can test everywhere out there too.

http://enstage.opensuse.org/load.php?debug=false&lang=en&modules=mediawiki.legacy.commonPrint%2Cshared&only=styles&skin=bentofluid&*
gives me an interesting result:

exception 'DBQueryError' with message 'A database error has occurred. Did you
forget to run maintenance/update.php after upgrading? See:
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Upgrading#Run_the_update_script
Query: SELECT md_module,md_deps FROM `module_deps` WHERE md_module IN
('mediawiki.legacy.commonPrint','mediawiki.legacy.shared') AND md_skin =
'bentofluid'
Function: ResourceLoader::preloadModuleInfo
Error: 1146 Table 'opensuse_en.module_deps' doesn't exist
(hugh.provo.novell.com)
' in /srv/www/htdocs/mediawiki-1.17.0/includes/db/Database.php:781

You probably need to run the database update on all stage wikis -
destage shows the same error.

Unfortunately this also blocks testing the CSS changes because the CSS
in skins/bentofluid/ is not loaded in the *stage wikis :-(

Früher als ich noch alles mit vi auf der Kommandozeile gemacht und X11
nur im Notfall und dann auch nur mit fvwm2 gestartet habe (Modelines
selbstredend noch zu Fuß errechnet nicht mit so Warmduscher-Tools wie
SaX) da wusste ich jederzeit dass ich ein Mann bin. Das ehrfürchtige
Staunen von minderbemittelnden Windows-Usern, die zufällig Zeuge meiner
rituellen Arbeit wurden war mir sicher. Heute fragen die nur noch wo
ich die schöne Icons her hab. Scheiße ... [Hartmut Meyer in suse-linux]