Re: [opensuse-wiki] Re: [opensuse-web] Theming Issues Fixed
Hello,

Am Mittwoch, 7. Dezember 2011 schrieb Matthew Ehle:
Christian Boltz opensuse@xxxxxxxxx> 12/7/2011 4:44 AM

From the remaining files that are not available to the public, there
are 3 left where I'm not sure because I don't know what their
usecase is:
- opensearch_desc.php
- thumb.php
- trackback.php

Plus the maintenance directories, etc.

Yes, of course - but for the maintenance directories etc. I'm quite sure
that they will/should never be used by wiki visitors ;-)

Maybe you can find out what they are used for and if they should be
public. At least hiding them doesn't cause any obvious breakage, so
this isn't high priority.

Those files have been around for awhile, and as far as I can tell, we
never use them.

I just found out that they are documented:

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Opensearch_desc.php
The description sounds interesting, and the wiki HTML source code even
points to it:
<link rel="search" type="application/opensearchdescription+xml"
href="/opensearch_desc.php" title="openSUSE (en)" />
so maybe you should allow access to it ;-)

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Thumb.php
AFAIK we don't use this way of thumbnail generation.

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Trackback.php
Trackback support ($wgUseTrackbacks) is deprecated, no need to enable it
now ;-)

I commited the fixed CSS to git. Please test it on ${not-en}.o.o and
then deploy to all wikis.

I can't test it that way, as all the wikis use the same set of core
files. Can you imagine how awful it would be to maintain them
otherwise :)

Hmm...

for dir in *.o.o ; do
( cd $dir && git pull )
done

doesn't look too awful ;-)

However, I will pull into stage and test there.

Yes, that should work. I just wanted to make sure that you don't test on
en.o.o because it already has the fixed CSS in Mediawiki:Common.css.

Ich versuchs mal so zu sagen: Ich versuche gerade, dich laaaangsam
ins kalte Wasser zu schubsen.
ich mag kein kaltes Wasser, las uns die weiteren Tests nach Playa
de Santiago verlegen, da dürfte das Wasser jetzt ca. 20° C haben.
[> Ratti und Gerald Goebel in fontlinge-devel]