Re: [opensuse-web] diff view partly broken
Hello,

Am Dienstag, 6. Dezember 2011 schrieb Matthew Ehle:
Christian Boltz 12/06/11 5:35 PM >>>
Am Dienstag, 6. Dezember 2011 schrieb Matthew Ehle:
Christian Boltz 12/6/2011 12:50 PM >>>

Matthew, I'm afraid I have to shock you once more ;-)

The diff view in the wiki is partly broken - I can see the
diff, but I don't see the page content - instead, I see
"Unable to get content".

In other words: the XML declaration starts in line 2, not in line 1
of the XML - something[tm] adds a superfluous newline. Not only to
the XML, it's also visible in the HTML output.

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I'm unfortunately all too
familiar with that XML error, thanks to WordPress.

Sounds interesting[tm].

I meant I wasn't sure where that extra line is getting added.

;-)

Search all files for newlines before "".
My guess[1] is extensions/videoflash.php - remove the newline at the
end...

Ahhhh, I think you're right. I seem to remember that extension
causing a similar problem with the RSS feeds awhile back.

FYI: I removed this newline in git ;-)

Checking the generated HTML for "Unable to get content" finds (in a
block):
>"wgRevContents": {"error": "Unable to get content.", [...] }

and grep says this belongs to FlaggedRevs.

That's indeed an extension I don't need on my private wiki -
reviewing my own changes would be superfluous ;-)

Interesting, I'll have to take a look at that extension as well.
Thank you for researching this.

IMHO FlaggedRevs is OK (as in "doesn't break the XML"). I just wanted to
point out which extension changed the diff view to use api.php.

Wenn allerdings etwas nicht funktioniert, bin ich über jede
Fehlermeldung froh, auch wenn sie tausendfach im Log steht ;-)
Kann ich nicht beurteilen. Bei mir funktioniert immer alles.
Pfeif...flöt... :-) [> Christian Boltz und Ratti in fontlinge-devel]