Re: [opensuse-web] diff view partly broken
Christian Boltz 12/06/11 5:35 PM >>>
Hello,

Am Dienstag, 6. Dezember 2011 schrieb Matthew Ehle:
Christian Boltz 12/6/2011 12:50 PM >>>

Matthew, I'm afraid I have to shock you once more ;-)

The diff view in the wiki is partly broken - I can see the diff, but
I don't see the page content - instead, I see "Unable to get
content".
I guess you'll need to add another exception in your rewrite rules
for api.php ;-)

I made that change, and now I get an XML error... not sure what's
going on there.

That's quite easy - ask xmllint ;-) It will tell you:
>parser error : XML declaration allowed only at the start of the
>document

In other words: the XML declaration starts in line 2, not in line 1 of
the XML - something[tm] adds a superfluous newline. Not only to the XML,
it's also visible in the HTML output.

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I'm unfortunately all too familiar with
that XML error, thanks to WordPress. I meant I wasn't sure where that extra
line is getting added.

Search all files for newlines before "".
My guess[1] is extensions/videoflash.php - remove the newline at the
end...

Ahhhh, I think you're right. I seem to remember that extension causing a
similar problem with the RSS feeds awhile back.

Interestingly, my private wiki doesn't use api.php to fetch the page
content in diff view, but until now I have no idea what causes this
differenct behaviour.

What version of MW are you on?

I upgraded to 1.17 recently, to have the same version as openSUSE.

Also, the difference may have
something to do with the 10,000 extensions we have on the openSUSE
wikis :)

Well, I have to propose some extensions until we hit the 10,000 bar ;-)

Checking the generated HTML for "Unable to get content" finds (in a
block):
>"wgRevContents": {"error": "Unable to get content.", [...] }
and grep says this belongs to FlaggedRevs.

That's indeed an extension I don't need on my private wiki - reviewing
my own changes would be superfluous ;-)

Interesting, I'll have to take a look at that extension as well. Thank you for
researching this.

-Matt