Re: [opensuse-web] Theming Issues Fixed
Christian Boltz <opensuse@xxxxxxxxx> 12/6/2011 1:22 PM >>>
Hello,

Am Dienstag, 6. Dezember 2011 schrieb Matthew Ehle:
A bunch of the theming issues have now been fixed.

The problem came from the new MW software using a new PHP script
(loader.php) to pull in the javascript and stylesheets instead of
having the browser pull them in directly. For security and aesthetic
purposes, I have an Apache rewrite that redirects all but a specific
list of PHP files. Since loader.php is new, it was not on that list,
and Apache wasn't letting it run.

Yes, such a "special configuration"[tm] bites back sooner or later.

Adding that file in the
RewriteCond fixed it right up.

Can you post this whitelist, please? (or send it only to me off-list if
you don't want to publish it)
I'd like to check if there is anything missing...
(See also my other mail regarding diff view/api.php.)

Here's the entire rewrite:

RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI}
!^/(skins|stylesheets|images|config|extensions)/
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/(redirect|texvc|index|load|api).php
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/robots.txt
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/sitemap.*?(xml|xml\.gz)$
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /index.php?title=$1 [L,QSA]

As you can see, if it's not a specific directory, PHP file, or search engine
file, it gets translated to a wiki page. Without load.php in there, we were
trying to look it up as a wiki page (hint, this doesn't work).

The good news is that we can now take advantage of centralized loading
of css and javascript. Since the majority of page loading time comes
from dozens of HTTP requests for these resources, these front end
optimizations should make the wikis *much* faster.

Indeed.
I've noticed a big difference, personally.

I don't know if that fixed the red link issue offhand, since I can't
find any pages that have broken links. Anyone who knows of a page I
can test?

General rule of thumb: http://en.opensuse.org/Special:WantedPages is a
good starting point - or just use the sandbox and add a broken link
yourself ;-)
I thought the WantedPages would have been right, but it was hard to tell, since
they were all blue links ;)

I just checked it - links to non-existing pages have class=new, links
to existing pages don't have any class= attribute.
I just added those styles to Mediawiki:Common.css (another edit of
Common.css? I already can see Rajko screaming ;-)

Note that it may take some hours to get all caches updated, especially
if you are not logged in.
It works for me now!