Re: [opensuse-web] diff view partly broken
Christian Boltz <opensuse@xxxxxxxxx> 12/6/2011 12:50 PM >>>
Hello,

Matthew, I'm afraid I have to shock you once more ;-)

The diff view in the wiki is partly broken - I can see the diff, but I
don't see the page content - instead, I see "Unable to get content".

For an example, check any revision diff page, like
http://en.opensuse.org/index.php?title=Firefox&action=historysubmit&diff=44285&oldid=37254

The good news is that I probably know about the reason.
It looks like Mediawiki tries to load the content using api.php:
action=parse&prop=text|categorieshtml|languageshtml&format=xml&http://en.opensuse.org/api.php?>action=parse&prop=text|categorieshtml|languageshtml&format=xml&oldid=37254
( http://en.opensuse.org/api.php? )
and instead of the result, I get a "No such action" page in the default
wiki layout.

I guess you'll need to add another exception in your rewrite rules for
api.php ;-)
I made that change, and now I get an XML error... not sure what's going on
there.

Interestingly, my private wiki doesn't use api.php to fetch the page
content in diff view, but until now I have no idea what causes this
differenct behaviour.
What version of MW are you on? Also, the difference may have something to do
with the 10,000 extensions we have on the openSUSE wikis :)
-Matt