[opensuse-web] Changes to the en wiki.
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2011 00:20:47 -0600
We should not change all things at once.
In case that all changes don't come out as wanted, troubleshooting is a
nightmare.

About the same time it was updated:
1) Wiki software
2) http://en.opensuse.org/MediaWiki:Common.css
3) a lot of templates.

Now, it is impossible to revert MediaWiki:Common.css as that will create real
breakage.
The same is the reason that we can't see what is broken due to softare
upgrade.

I reverted and protected:

http://en.opensuse.org/Template:Box-header
because with classes "Edit" link that should be at the end of a title line,
with normal font face, was slapped right after title text and bold.

http://en.opensuse.org/Template:Box-footer
to make sure that something else is not broken.

http://en.opensuse.org/Template:Intro
was plain broken after the change.

I don't see other way to troubleshoot, but to:
1) revert all template changes,
2) revert MediaWiki:Common.css
3) debug software update problems
4) apply changes to MediaWiki:Common.css, this time few at the time
5) apply classes to templates again

--
Regards, Rajko