[opensuse-web] Re: [opensuse-wiki] Wiki Upgrade Problems
On 12/02/2011 01:11 AM, Matthew Ehle wrote:
Hi Everyone,

So it turns out we are in a pretty difficult situation with the latest
upgrade. The problem with the UTF8 page titles being corrupted is much more
widespread than I thought. I have spent a long time
looking for a way to fix the issue in the page titles that the upgrade had
caused, and although it appears to be a well known issue, no one has a real
fix for it yet.

We have a few options to take:

1) Roll back all the wikis to 1.16 and restore the database to Sunday night
2) Roll back only the most affected wikis (cn, cs, ru, etc.) and restore the
database
3) Leave all the wikis as they are, and keep trying to fix the page titles

I'm inclined to do step number two, but I want to hear about any other
options or opinions from the individual admins before we try to roll things
back. If we can somehow get a list together of the
garbled characters and the real characters that are associated, I can even
script a fix of some type (making option number 3 more viable). If someone
wants to take that on for their particular wiki,
they can see the affected pages by going to /Special:AllPages and trying to
compare.

Hi Matthew, please don't roll back the content of the english wiki, as
it doesn't have utf-8 characters in the titles, and there have been quite some
changes this week. We are starting the opensuse board elections today, and
use the wiki as platform for the candidates for example.

Also for the other wikis I hope there comes up a patch so we can fix the page
titles without losing
the new edits. I think there also have been some changes in the german wiki at
least.

Greetings

--
Thomas Schmidt (tom [at] opensuse.org)