Re: [opensuse-web] Wiki Upgrade Problems
Am Donnerstag, den 01.12.2011, 17:11 -0700 schrieb Matthew Ehle:
Hi Everyone,

So it turns out we are in a pretty difficult situation with the latest
upgrade. The problem with the UTF8 page titles being corrupted is
much more widespread than I thought. I have spent a long time looking
for a way to fix the issue in the page titles that the upgrade had
caused, and although it appears to be a well known issue, no one has a
real fix for it yet.

We have a few options to take:

1) Roll back all the wikis to 1.16 and restore the database to Sunday
night
2) Roll back only the most affected wikis (cn, cs, ru, etc.) and
restore the database
3) Leave all the wikis as they are, and keep trying to fix the page
titles

I'm inclined to do step number two,

+ 1 (please not forgot the de wiki when Roll back ;-) )

but I want to hear about any other options or opinions from the
individual admins before we try to roll things back. If we can
somehow get a list together of the garbled characters and the real
characters that are associated, I can even script a fix of some type
(making option number 3 more viable). If someone wants to take that
on for their particular wiki, they can see the affected pages by going
to /Special:AllPages and trying to compare.

Good luck!

--
Grüße aus' m Schwabenland ↓
→ Lisufa, der Linuxsusefan ↓