[opensuse-web] Re: [opensuse-marketing] Regarding http://omgsuse.com
  • From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 11:30:38 +0200
On Saturday 10 July 2010 18:27:42 R. Tyler Ballance wrote:
On Sat, 10 Jul 2010, Manu Gupta wrote:
Hi All,
I dont know which is the best place to report it.
The blog http://omgsuse.com/ has got all the spellings of openSUSE
misspelled as openSuSE

Hah, that's me, a bad old habit from the old days of SuSE :) I've corrected
the misspellings, I hope you guys can forgive me :)

Sure ;)

I guess I should take the opportunity to talk about OMG! SUSE! in general
and ask for advice/opinion/criticisms/cookies/etc

Congrats for launching it! It looks like a good addition

I've been working on the concept with "d0od" the chap behind OMG! UBUNTU!
(http://omgubuntu.co.ul), a very popular Ubuntu users weblog. Being an avid
openSUSE user, I wanted to start working on an equivalent for the openSUSE
community.

The rough concept is: a user-focused blog for openSUSE. My goal is to cover
new releases, changes, package updates, etc from an openSUSE user's
perspective (trying to avoid getting technical). Of course, the gratuitous
showing off of openSUSE eye candy is a must as well :)

I noticed you're not on Planet openSUSE (http://planet.opensuse.org), would it
make sense to aggregate it?

How does your blog relate to what the weekly team does? I see some overlap
there - which could also be a chance of working together...

As somebody pointed out in the comments on the first post [1], OMG! UBUNTU!
and Ubuntu in general don't do KDE justice so there's also an opportunity
to cover KDE desktop environments changes (by way of openSUSE) as well as
XFCE and LXDE developments.

Any thoughts or suggestions? I am by no means a "marketer", I just love
openSUSE as a comprehensive desktop and enjoy writing, so here I am :)

[1] http://omgsuse.com/content/welcome-omg-suse

Andreas
Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany