Re: [opensuse-virtual] Re: [opensuse] where has independent_wallclock gone ?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2018 15:15:17 +0100
Jan Beulich wrote:

On 05.02.18 at 12:56, <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Jan Beulich wrote:
On 05.02.18 at 12:24, <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I was just playing around with Leap15 as a guest and wanted to run
ntp, but couldn't find the wallclock setting. I thought it might
mean it is no longer necessary to run ntp, i.e. that the guest
would sync to dom0. Are you saying that there is no need to set
independent_wallclock when running ntp in a DomU ?

Generally you should turn on independent wall clock in a DomU if
and only if you mean to run NTP within the guest.

Right. How do I turn on independent wall clock in e.g. Leap423 or
Leap15 ?

Why do you want to turn on something that's already on? You
can't turn it _off_.

Aha, that's what I wanted to know. You wrote "you should turn on
independent wall clock", so it sounded like I needed to do something.

thanks
Per

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (2.8°C)