[opensuse-virtual] Re: [opensuse] where has independent_wallclock gone ?
On 05.02.18 at 10:03, <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Per Jessen wrote:

I have a xen guest running leap15 beta - whilst playing with chrony
and ntp, I noticed that independent_wallclock appears to have gone
away?

It would normally reside here: /proc/sys/xen/

I don't see it in Leap15 nor in Leap423.

The source file is

arch/x86/kernel/time-xen.c

It was still present in Leap421, kernel 4.1.39, but with leap422, kernel
4.4.27, it's gone. I know the xen patches are no longer needed,
everything is in the kernel, but I cannot find anything that tells me
what to do about independent_wallclock ?

It is not needed anymore? I can see my leap15 guest has lost two
second already, out of sync with dom0.

A Leap423 guest is also losing time. (no NTP).

I'm afraid I can't match the question with the observation: In kernel-xen
independent wall clock was off by default, with the goal of making use
of something like NTP in guests unnecessary. Hence you could either
have made use of the option (and then use NTP in the guest), or you
could have lived with the default (and would then have to have switched
to use NTP in PV guests with the Xen patches gone), in which case the
option itself is irrelevant here. Could you clarify which of the two you're
actually after, or what I'm missing?

Jan