[opensuse-virtual] Re: [opensuse] where has independent_wallclock gone ?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2018 10:03:38 +0100
Per Jessen wrote:

I have a xen guest running leap15 beta - whilst playing with chrony
and ntp, I noticed that independent_wallclock appears to have gone
away?

It would normally reside here: /proc/sys/xen/

I don't see it in Leap15 nor in Leap423.

The source file is

arch/x86/kernel/time-xen.c

It was still present in Leap421, kernel 4.1.39, but with leap422, kernel
4.4.27, it's gone. I know the xen patches are no longer needed,
everything is in the kernel, but I cannot find anything that tells me
what to do about independent_wallclock ?

It is not needed anymore? I can see my leap15 guest has lost two
second already, out of sync with dom0.

A Leap423 guest is also losing time. (no NTP).

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (-0.1°C)