Re: [opensuse-virtual] 'Virtualization' repo for Leap -- name, and activate?
> (2) Can whatever the correctly-named repo is to be get activated/populated?
Yes.

Thanks.

Noted as

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Virtualization/openSUSE_Leap_42.1/

Shouldn't it be only: openSUSE_42.1

Yes, it should! The repos below got it right. But, we follow the crowd.

This tangent should probably be (also) addressed on a different/broader ML ...

The whole situation is quite messy, atm -- and, quite familiar.

I've one particularly "Frankenstein'd" machine, running Opensuse "last release" (13.2 in this case), with lots of update repos added; it represents a superset of the various repos that are used around here.

At each major release, I run checks on the availability of next-release's repos. Neither testing, nor certainly upgrades, get much activity at all until all the target repos are active, populated, and stable.

Currently, for example, a number of v42.1 repos ARE already populated at the "follow the crowd"-named baseurls,

baseurl=.../openSUSE_Leap_42.1

These other-named variants exist

Documentation:/Tools/openSUSE_42
Java:/Factory/openSUSE_42.1
LibreOffice:/Factory/openSUSE_42.1

While, still, none of these, nor any v42-name-variant, do not exist at all yet; note, they're all 'non-home' repos:

network:/chromium/openSUSE_Leap_42.1
editors/openSUSE_Leap_42.1
devel:/gcc/openSUSE_Leap_42.1
KDE:/Unstable:/Applications/KDE_Unstable_Frameworks_openSUSE_Leap_42.1
KDE:/Unstable:/Extra/KDE_Unstable_Frameworks_openSUSE_Leap_42.1
devel:/languages:/lua/openSUSE_Leap_42.1
multimedia:/color_management/openSUSE_Leap_42.1
network:/vpn/openSUSE_Leap_42.1/
isv:/ownCloud:/community/openSUSE_Leap_42.1
security:/logging:/elma:/devel/openSUSE_Leap_42.1
security:/Stunnel/openSUSE_Leap_42.1
shells/openSUSE_Leap_42.1
server:/messaging/openSUSE_Leap_42.1
systemsmanagement:/puppet/openSUSE_Leap_42.1
X11:/common:/Factory/openSUSE_Leap_42.1

It'd be quite helpful to have a sweep of wrong-named & inactive next-release repos done, with notifications to each maintainer.

Atm, it's file-a-bug-for-each-repo.

Some form of automation, or at least defined/expected process, would be useful.