Re: [opensuse-virtual] Xen compat
On 16.01.14 at 17:25, Wolfgang Rosenauer <wolfgang@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I've noticed a few days ago that openSUSE 13.1 cannot be installed on
openSUSE 11.4 Xen host.
All the virtualization stuff with Xen is starting to annoy me if I need
to update the host all the time. Therefore I want to look into providing
my own kernel for 13.1 and try to get it run.
There is a Xen compatibility setting in the kernel which apparently says
in 13.1 that it should be backwards compatible down to xen 4.2. Can I
simply change that value or are problems expected already before I'm
going to try it?

No - that's what it's for, and there is nothing known that it wouldn't
do what it claims.

Jan