Re: [opensuse-virtual] Xen compat
On 1/16/2014 at 09:25 AM, in message <52D80805.8010202@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Wolfgang
Rosenauer <wolfgang@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I've noticed a few days ago that openSUSE 13.1 cannot be installed on
openSUSE 11.4 Xen host.
All the virtualization stuff with Xen is starting to annoy me if I need
to update the host all the time. Therefore I want to look into providing
my own kernel for 13.1 and try to get it run.
There is a Xen compatibility setting in the kernel which apparently says
in 13.1 that it should be backwards compatible down to xen 4.2. Can I
simply change that value or are problems expected already before I'm
going to try it?

There is a kernel compatibility flag that needs to be set.
Perhaps a more general question to the list is what is a reasonable backward
compatibility level that we should be setting in the openSUSE kernel so that
our VMs can run on older hosts?

- Charles