Re: [opensuse-virtual] "EVTCHNOP failure" @ OS 12.3 + Xen 4.3 boot for some Guests; launch manually OK
On 8/16/2013 at 08:11 AM, in message <520E330C.60607@xxxxxxxx>, Jim Fehlig
<jfehlig@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Charles Arnold wrote:
On 8/15/2013 at 05:46 PM, in message

<1376610383.9775.10349293.0D21BF6A@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ar16
<ar16@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

doing

edit /etc/tmpfiles.d/xendomains.conf
D /var/run/xen 0755 root root -

systemd-tmpfiles --create /etc/tmpfiles.d/xendomains.conf

here, does the trick. after reboot,

xl list
Name ID Mem VCPUs
State Time(s)
(null) 0 1269 4
r----- 43.7
test1 1 1024 2
-b---- 7.7
test2 2 1024 4
-b---- 28.6

and back to full function.

still have that "(null") rather than Dom0 in its Name, but doesn't
appear (yet) to have any detrimental effect on function

This missing /var/run/xen and evtchn not being loaded seems to indicate that
xencommons is not executed at boot. It modprobes in evtchn and creates
/var/run/xen.

Hmm, we might want to ensure xendomains.service is run After
xencommons.service.

Yes. We probably need to add both Requires and After.

-Requires=xenstored.service xenconsoled.service
-After=xenstored.service xenconsoled.service network.target
+Requires=xencommons.service xenstored.service xenconsoled.service
+After=xencommons.service xenstored.service xenconsoled.service network.target

- Charles