Re: [opensuse-virtual] "EVTCHNOP failure" @ OS 12.3 + Xen 4.3 boot for some Guests; launch manually OK
Perhaps the former. Does adding 'network.target' to 'After' in
xendomains.service help? E.g.

After=xenstored.service xenconsoled.service network.target

For

ls -al
/etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/xendomains.service
/usr/lib/systemd/system/xendomains.service
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 42 Aug 13 19:34
/etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/xendomains.service
-> /usr/lib/systemd/system/xendomains.service
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 416 Aug 5 03:39
/usr/lib/systemd/system/xendomains.service

Adding the systemd dependency on network,

edit /usr/lib/systemd/system/xendomains.service
- After=xenstored.service xenconsoled.service
+ After=xenstored.service xenconsoled.service
network.service

After reboot

shutdown -r now

both Guests, with their complete/original/uncommented .cfg's, launch
again as expected,

xl list
Name ID Mem
VCPUs State Time(s)
(null) 0 1241
4 r----- 43.3
test1 1 1024
2 -b---- 8.4
test2 2 1024
2 -b---- 26.8

and, checking, seem to be fully functional.

Looks like adding the 'network.service' dep does the trick.

Just one question ...

I'm not sure that Xen *should* depend on external network being up, but
rather just local network and bridges -- even without attached eth0
interfaces. I think ...

Iiuc, though, network.service brings up the bridges, no? Catch-22?
Doesn't matter? I'm just not clear yet on the startup deps of local,
external interfaces, and bridge (and other virtual?) interfaces.