Re: [opensuse-virtual] "EVTCHNOP failure" @ OS 12.3 + Xen 4.3 boot for some Guests; launch manually OK

On Thu, Aug 15, 2013, at 11:02 AM, Jim Fehlig wrote:
Were you using the xl toolstack before the packages were updated?

Yes. I've been using Xen 4.3 for quite a long time.

Do both guests start if you run the xendomains script after boot? I.e.
disable the script from running at boot, then do '/etc/init.d/xendomains
start' after boot.

Yes, without fail or error.

Your suspicion of systemd might warrent some investigation
# rpm -q xen --changelog | grep -A 7 systemd
- Added support for systemd with the following service files

Noted

Perhaps a bit of tweaking on the xendomains script might give some hints
too, e.g.

Aha!. Just found that, if I edit BOTH .cfg's,

- vcpus = 2
- cpu_cap = 100
- cpu_weight = 256
+ #vcpus = 2
+ #cpu_cap = 100
+ #cpu_weight = 256

then reboot, now BOTH Guests launch,

xl list
Name ID Mem VCPUs
State Time(s)
(null) 0 1241 4
r----- 38.9
test1 1 1024 1
test2 2 1024 1
r----- 14.0

Those configs most certainly used to be OK and functional.

I can still tweak the xendomains script here in a bit ...