Re: [opensuse-virtual] What the status of lxc-opensuse ?
  • From: Tony Su <tonysu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2013 12:07:25 -0700
I've been using LXC extensively on my openSUSE 12.3 for awhile...

1. Why are you running this script and where was it recommended?
2. Have you tried simply installing lxc, eg
zypper in lxc
3. I highly recommend installing the YAST LXC applet, and perhaps the
LXC Control Center (I don't really use it... yet)
So to install all including lxc,
zypper in lxc lxcc yast2-lxc

If your bridge utils aren't installed, install them
zypper in bridge-utils

Before creating a Container, you will need to create a transparent
bridge to access and configure networking, although a standard
documentation describes creating in YAST (which requires classic
ifup/ifdown configuration), I instead highly recommend creating a
bridge using libvirt

zypper in libvirt libvirt-client libvirt-python

You should then see in YAST a virtualization section and within it vm manager.
Open vm manager, Edit Connection, Virtual Networks tab, inspect what
you have by default and perhaps add a new custom network with your own
specifications.

After you do that, you can verify the bridge device exists by running
the following and you should see a device starting with "virbr"

brctl show

Now, create your Container referencing your virbr device for
networking (from command line or more easily using the YAST LXC
applet).

If you have more questions, post again but be sure to include the
version of openSUSE you're running.

HTH,
Tony