[opensuse-virtual] opensuse 12.3 xen-kernel happened i915 issue in Thinkpad x200
Hi Guys:

I met a graphical video crad issue in my pc :Thinkpad x200

In the last months , I use Opensuse 12.2 userspace with kernel 3.7.3,
desktop,default , xen flavors are ok.
they can enter X window with i915 driver which kms supported.

but now I upgrade to 12.3, I found kernel 3.7.10 desktop ,default
kernel are ok ,with i915 kms supported.
but kernel-xen-3.7.10 l boot ok and can't enter X window.
when I add parameter "nomodeset" , can enter X window.

wiredly , I use Opensuse 12.3 userspace with kernel-xen-3.7.3 ,when
it boots to load i915 module , the screen shows black .
of course if I add parameter "nomodeset", can enter X window.

why do I need use xen-kernel in PC ? maybe you feel strange ,
because I want to study xen or kvm virtulization technology.

I can't find any useful info in /var/log/messages.

--
Suse Linux ,Best !

< Previous Next >
List Navigation