Re: [opensuse-virtual] qemu-kvm question
On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 9:11 AM, Bruce Rogers <brogers@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

I don't claim to be an expert on security, so I won't comment
on the security implications here, but I was able to get qemu-kvm
to use SDL by exporting both the DISPLAY and XAUTHORITY that is set
in your session before doing a sudo -i, within that session.

Yeah, it's recommended not to run the test setup where security is a concern.

ie:
sudo -i
export DISPLAY=:0.0
export XAUTHORITY=<whatever it was set to before sudo>
qemu-kvm ...

Hopefully this helps.

Terrific, Bruce, thanks! I'll give it a try.

Mike