Re: [opensuse-virtual] qemu-kvm question
On 12/4/2012 at 05:03 AM, Michael Hill <mdhillca@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Bruce,

On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 8:22 PM, Bruce Rogers <brogers@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Are you remotely logged into a system using ssh?
You would need to use ssh -X ...

I've used 'sudo -i' to log in as root in a terminal window. Root
access is required by the disk image.

If that's not the issue, check the value of the DISPLAY environment
variable. That needs to be valid.

I'm using DISPLAY=:0.0 ... is that correct?

Thanks,

Mike

I don't claim to be an expert on security, so I won't comment
on the security implications here, but I was able to get qemu-kvm
to use SDL by exporting both the DISPLAY and XAUTHORITY that is set
in your session before doing a sudo -i, within that session.

ie:
sudo -i
export DISPLAY=:0.0
export XAUTHORITY=<whatever it was set to before sudo>
qemu-kvm ...

Hopefully this helps.

Bruce