Re: [opensuse-virtual] correct IOMMU setup for AMD processor & xen pci passthrough?
  • From: PGNet Dev <pgnet.dev+osvm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 07:41:30 -0700
hi jan,

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 12:15 AM, Jan Beulich<JBeulich@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
PGNet Dev <pgnet.dev+osvm@xxxxxxxxx> 14.08.09 00:24 >>>
Depends on what you mean by "verify" here:
The hypervisor/tools
should tell you whether the IOMMU is enabled (and being used). I don't
think there are any tests that you could run - at least I'm unaware of
any. Just like with other hard-/software, you'll have to trust it does
what it promises, and report any observation hinting at this not being
the case.

heh, i usually tend towards "trust, but verify", myself ;-)

i'll have to dig a bit to figure out what those hints might bein the
first place. if i find nothing, looks like we'd have to code an
attempt of x-guest DMA access ourselves.

thanks!