Re: [opensuse-virtual] OpenSuse plans about dom0 kernel
  • From: "Jason Douglas" <jdouglas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 09:52:56 -0600

On 4/24/2009 at 02:10 AM, in message
<f5fd36f00904240110o1a06d329tf5c634dc4291ae6@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Sergey Romancev
<vmmdev@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello, virtualization gurus!

As far as i know, the current opensuse distribution provides 2.6.27.7
version of dom0. This is very good progress comparing to 2.6.18 base
Xen's dom0 version. And what about the next OpenSuse releases? Do you
plan to develop new your own dom0 kernel versions? Or may be you are
going to switch your dom0 kernel to paravirt_ops technology, Jeremy
Fitzhardinge are pushing now.

It is still undecided which direction we will go. If the dom0 paravirt_ops
support is stable and fully functional when openSUSE 11.2 locks down, I imagine
that's what we'll use. If not, we'll definitely create a xen kernel flavor for
whatever kernel version is included in openSUSE 11.2 (as we have done with
every other openSUSE and SLES release up to this point).

Sorry, i didn't find any link about OpenSuse virtualization
technologies roadmap. Point me to it, please, if any.

I don't believe that any such document exists. Sorry.

Jason