Re: [opensuse-virtual] Xen 3.2 and 3.1 host crash when installing Windows 2000 SP4 ?
  • From: Jonathan Ervine <jervine@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 10:27:17 +0800
On Friday 30 May 2008 01:59:08 Willem Meens wrote:
Hi All,

Just did a fresh SLES 10 SP2 install and added Xen 3.2 (with Novell
update repository in place).. so this should be fresh and with newest
versions.

When I try to install a Windows 2000 server the guest setup starts
normally right up to the point where the drivers have been loaded and
the setup states ' starting windows setup... ' , at this point the
Xen host blanks and reboots!

Try reducing the total memory assigned to the Dom0 to about 1GB. xm
mem-set Domain0 1024 is the command from memory. I've seen similar
problems on much older builds of Xen in SUSE/SLES.

I've got an Intel system running 64 bit openSUSE 11 beta 3 and running
Windows under Xen with none of these issues. Strange. When the whole
system does reboot, can you restart the Windows installation? Do other
Windows operating systems install?

Jon