[opensuse-virtual] Xen 3.2 and 3.1 host crash when installing Windows 2000 SP4 ?
  • From: Willem Meens <opensuse-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 19:59:08 +0200
Hi All,

Just did a fresh SLES 10 SP2 install and added Xen 3.2 (with Novell
update repository in place).. so this should be fresh and with newest
versions.

When I try to install a Windows 2000 server the guest setup starts
normally right up to the point where the drivers have been loaded and
the setup states ' starting windows setup... ' , at this point the Xen
host blanks and reboots!

I get the guest crashing , but having the host doing a spontaneous
reboot does not seem very good. I also had this issue on SLES 10 SP1 and
was hoping Xen 3.2 would fix this.

The server in question had an AMD X2 processor, but I've also had this
on an Intel based Dell Poweredge 1950.

Is this a known issue? and any known solutions?

Thanks & regards,
Willem