Re: [opensuse-virtual] Problems with Xen-installationresp.configuration
  • From: gildo.rex@xxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 21:12:43 +0200
If I may summarize: I install both kernels in the VM. Via the
bootargs-line
in the config file, I can refer to one of the kernels. On the PAE-host,
it
refers to the PAE-kernel, on the non-PAE-host, it refers the
non-PAE-kernel. So I
could have a local version of the config file on each host, and just
copy the
diskfile, when I change the installation.

Did I get it??

That's it. Let me know how things turn out.

It worked exactly like described. Many thanks for your great support!

One more question, if you don't mind:

I'd like to use German keyboard layout, which I implemented in system settings.
On physical machines and on VMware machines it works. But in the Xen VMs, the
VMs ignore the setting. Instead I have another layout, where 'z' and 'y' is
changed - but it's not an american layout, so I don't know which layout is
active.
At the moment it doesn't harm me, as I'm connecting via PuTTY, but I'd like to
know how to get a German layout working?

Kind regards

Stephan

p.s.: the next step is to get a openVZ-system working. I hope I can get great
support like in that issue.