[opensuse-translation] Dictionaries - usage, upstream, updates
  • From: Vojtěch Zeisek <vojtech.zeisek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2019 09:31:18 +0200
Hi,
there is recent work on new Czech dictionary, which should have better
vocabulary and should be better in handling complex Czech grammar. The work is
still far from being complete, but so far it's promising. Some info (mostly in
Czech, sorry) is at https://gitlab.com/strepon/czech-cc0-dictionaries/ and
http://ceskeslovniky.cz/about.html and https://github.com/l10ncz/
We discussed this at https://www.linuxdays.cz/2019/en/ last weekend (BTW,
(open)SUSE had the best presentation there) and there were couple of questions
we were unable to answer, so I seek advice here. :-)
The dictionary above is now available as hunspell addon for LO. This format is
used also by FF, TB and more. But what about KDE, GNOME, other DEs, Qt (non-
KDE) apps? Others? What do they use? In another words, what is purpose of
having distribution packages for aspell, ispell, hunspell, myspell? What is
relationship among them? What is used for what?
Regarding hunspell/myspell, what is upstream for the dictionaries? We were
unable to find where does the Czech dictionary came from. :-)
One day we'd like to merge the new dictionary with the existing one, but it
requires much more work now. Anyway, it'd be good to have distribution package
available for testing. We then wonder if it's possible to have installed
together e.g. myspell-cs_CZ and myspell-cs_CZ_EXPERIMENTAL and somehow switch
between them. Or more general, how is packaging of dictionaries organized?
Technically as well as getting the data.
I'm looking forward for any point on this topic.
V.

--
Vojtěch Zeisek

Komunita openSUSE GNU/Linuxu