Re: [opensuse-translation] The state of translations
  • From: "Sarah Julia Kriesch" <ada.lovelace@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2019 07:43:08 +0200

Gesendet: Donnerstag, 04. Juli 2019 um 23:48 Uhr
Von: "Javier Llorente" <javier@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
An: opensuse-translation@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: Re: [opensuse-translation] The state of translations

El miércoles, 3 de julio de 2019 14:25:49 (CEST) Alexander Melentev escribió:
Dear Javier,

Dear Alexander,

after some quick research it looks that your claims are incorrect as
based on wrong assumptions.

Translations are updated on a regular basis, current state of
yast-base's es.po in git:
"POT-Creation-Date: 2019-07-02 02:29+0000\n" - updated yesterday
"PO-Revision-Date: 2019-05-14 23:54+0000\n" - updated less than 2 months ago

Well, the git repository could be up-to-date and not the packages.

The git repo is up-to-date every time. Especially the YaST team is a role model
in automated packaging of translations for their software in openSUSE. They
take what they receive.

"Unagreed" translations were not pushed by some evil uncalled
translator, it was automated change, here is the diff in question:
https://github.com/yast/yast-translations/commit/9fb14085f66a48c7f7f5fca6afb
2f24d7c8c4d86 It was done 2017-12-22 by SLE Merge Robot
<weblate-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Please look for "Aborta&r" on Weblate. You'll see that the very same person
suggested the change and it was accepted by sle-merge-robot. So not
everything
was reverted.

Jcsl changed lots of them but we forgot to revert two of one. Sorry for the
noise.

That is something where I prefer 1 person in every language to have it in mind.
I am doing that as the German Coordinator in German, too.
I have subscribed the most important translation files and watch all the
changes. If anything is incorrect I can write to the Contributor (email address
mostly in the file on github) or I can revert that directly. Watching is the
job of the language Coordinator...

So, no restrictions in Weblate will protect you from changes made by
administrator.

Of course, an admin is the Master of the Universe :-P

You don't need admin permissions to watch that all. We have to improve the
communication between SLE translators and the community. If you explain the
opinions of your team, they will accept that mostly.

Greetings,
--
Javier Llorente

Best regards,