Re: [opensuse-translation] The state of translations
On 7/3/19 12:41 PM, jcsl wrote:
Hi.

El domingo, 30 de junio de 2019 0:08:25 (CEST) Sarah Julia Kriesch escribió:
Unfortunately, the Spanish translations haven't been updated since a long
time. Last update request dates back to January 2019.
https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-translation/2019-01/msg00004.html

We have been receiving updates for openSUSE Leap 15.1 since January 2019.
Were you able to translate that all? Or what has been missing?

I, as a translator too, have two doubts about translations:

I can only answer regarding YaST. I guess is actually different for
different parts of the distribution.

1) How often are the sources in Weblate updated?

Every single day at 2:24 AM (Central European Time).

It seems to me that some
translation files in Weblate are outdated given that I haven't been able to
find some strings in the recent past (the already mentioned "abort" string,
for example).

As already mentioned (although I pasted the wrong link in my original
mail), that string is in yast-base. Here is the right link:
https://l10n.opensuse.org/projects/yast-base/master/

These lines are for the corresponding yast-base-es.po file that I just
downloaded from Weblate:

msgid "Abo&rt"
msgstr "Aborta&r"

msgid "Abo&rt Installation"
msgstr "Aborta&r la instalación"

Those msgid has been there for ages.

So let me state it for the second time in this thread: the source files
for YaST translations are always up-to-date. We have automation in place
to ensure that.

2) How often are translations actually included in Tumbleweed updates? I
mention Tumbleweed because is what I'm using. I think that there's no
movement
until a new Leap version reaches the translation stage. Could someone clarify
this? I do see yast's translation packages updated now and then, but it looks
like a rebuild of the packages because I can't spot changes I made weeks or
months ago.

That's something you can easily verify here
https://build.opensuse.org/package/revisions/openSUSE:Factory/yast2-trans

It looks to me like it's updated once a month.

Cheers.
--
Ancor González Sosa
YaST Team at SUSE Linux GmbH