Re: [opensuse-translation] The state of translations
  • From: "Sarah Julia Kriesch" <ada.lovelace@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2019 13:39:46 +0200

Gesendet: Mittwoch, 03. Juli 2019 um 13:08 Uhr
Von: "jcsl" <trcs@xxxxxxx>
An: opensuse-translation@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: Re: [opensuse-translation] The state of translations

Hi.

El miércoles, 3 de julio de 2019 10:56:09 (CEST) Ancor Gonzalez Sosa escribió:
On 7/2/19 11:56 PM, Javier Llorente wrote:
"Cancel" still appears as "Abortar." See the bottom of the following
screenshots:

openSUSE Leap 15.1 (installer)
https://paste.opensuse.org/view//10ae858f

The label for that button in English is "Abort" (correctly translated to
"Abortar"), not "Cancel" as you seem to assume. See the English version.

https://paste.opensuse.org/view//78866698

Or did I miss your point?

We had it already translated by "cancelar" and it was changed without any
advise. "Cancelar" is what we have been using since it is the translation
that
we have agreed to in the glossary¹. The use of "abortar" instead of
"cancelar"
looks strange to me because "cancelar" is used much more than "abortar" in
any
Spanish translation I've ever seen. I really can't remember having seen
"abortar" in any of the programs that I usually use other than YaST. That
said, I don't mind using one or the other, but I think that the translation
should always be the same to be consistent.

When did you change that in yast-base the last time? We have "Abort" there and
that has been released.
You are able to change the content again if anything is wrong. I had to do that
before the Leap release this year, too.
One Contributor has corrected his contributions on his own after one email.
That is something I expect for the future in every language, too.

[1] https://es.opensuse.org/Traducci%C3%B3n/Glosario

Greetings.