Re: [opensuse-translation] The state of translations
  • From: jcsl <trcs@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2019 12:41:40 +0200
Hi.

El domingo, 30 de junio de 2019 0:08:25 (CEST) Sarah Julia Kriesch escribió:
Unfortunately, the Spanish translations haven't been updated since a long
time. Last update request dates back to January 2019.
https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-translation/2019-01/msg00004.html

We have been receiving updates for openSUSE Leap 15.1 since January 2019.
Were you able to translate that all? Or what has been missing?

I, as a translator too, have two doubts about translations:

1) How often are the sources in Weblate updated? It seems to me that some
translation files in Weblate are outdated given that I haven't been able to
find some strings in the recent past (the already mentioned "abort" string,
for example).

2) How often are translations actually included in Tumbleweed updates? I
mention Tumbleweed because is what I'm using. I think that there's no movement
until a new Leap version reaches the translation stage. Could someone clarify
this? I do see yast's translation packages updated now and then, but it looks
like a rebuild of the packages because I can't spot changes I made weeks or
months ago.

Greetings.